Hey there, I'm Marty Griffin the founder of Golf Strategy School and the host of the Golf Strategy School Podcast.
I'm a lifelong golfer that got started at the age of 12 after my second open heart surgery. My doctors told me that I could no longer wrestle or play baseball for fear of rupturing the newly placed patch covering a hole in my heart.
Not your everyday story, right?
As a kid I spent my summers practicing up to 16 hours a day, 7 days a week. I've played in tournaments everywhere from the Wisconsin Junior Tour all the way up to national USGA events like the Amateur Public Links Championship.
For the last 10 years I've spent my time in golf working with people on the course and teaching the game I love. Throughout these lessons I started to notice two distinct types of customers that would seek me out.
- People who really struggle taking their game from the range to the course.
- People who can't perform under pressure.
These are fundamental struggles within the mental game.
I wanted to create a resource where I could share the strategies that I've learned and shared with my students to help you improve as a golfer.
I'm also a complete and total podcast nerd. What better way to have all of this information with you at all times! So I started the Golf Strategy School Podcast with the idea that I could use the relationships I've developed over my 20 years playing golf to help bring you the best experts from around the world.
To create a world class resource centered around how to create a solid mental game by drawing on my own experiences as a tournament player and coach, as well as bringing in elite instructors from around the world to share their expertise.
Is This Site For You?
I believe that if you play golf at all you could certainly learn something here, but lets look at some specifics. Have you ever thought to yourself:
- How can I achieve that milestone score (breaking 100/90/80)?
- How can I improve my course management?
- Is there a key to developing mental toughness?
- What practice drills should I be doing to gain confidence?
- I'm not swinging poorly, where am I losing all these strokes?
- How do I play "one shot at a time"?
- How can I get rid of the yips?
- What's a good book for a golfer to read?
I'm sure at least one of these thoughts has popped into your head at one point or another, which is exactly why I wanted to create a resource that could answer these questions for you.
Need some help now? Sign up and get my Mental Mastery Cheat Sheet to help you get your mental game under control.
My Oath to You
As we go forward in this journey there are a few simple goals that I will be trying to accomplish. They are all basic goals, but hugely fundamental if this is to be successful. They are as follows:
- Good isn't good enough - If I don't think the content that I'm writing is of the highest quality, I'm not going to waste your time by sharing it. This will be full of things that are worth the time to read and practice.
- Customer satisfaction - This is all to help you the golfer. So if there is anything you want to know, anything you don't like, or something that didn't work for you just send me a quick message and I'll make sure you get what you need.
- Generate some income - Sounds weird, but I always like to be transparent about things so I can give you the correct help that you can trust. So much of golf can be tied to honesty about your abilities and I will always be honest with you. Now just about the entire website is completely free, as is the podcast, however, I do plan on creating courses in the future about how to master the mental side of your game and I also have some affiliate links on the site currently (mainly through Amazon for books).
- I will listen - This resource is here to help you. Let me know what things you'd like added and I can work on creating articles or videos to help you solve those problems. Maybe I'll even feature your question in a podcast, who knows! Either way, don't hesitate to reach out. I'm always here and open to a suggestion or even conversation.
Lastly I just want to say thank you for looking around the website and hopefully you will find something that will help you with your game.
I'll see you in the short grass,